DSHL Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freeways and highways

2 posters

Go down

Freeways and highways Empty Freeways and highways

Post  kosovohp Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:16 am

With the automobile being the primary means of transportation for over 80% of its residents, San Diego is served by an extensive network of freeways and highways. This includes Interstate 5, which runs south to Tijuana and runs north to the Canadian border through Orange County, Los Angeles, Sacramento, Portland, and Seattle; I-8, which runs east to Imperial County and Arizona; I-15, which runs north to the Canadian border through Riverside County and Salt Lake City; and I-805, which splits from I-5 at Sorrento Valley and rejoins I-5 near the Mexican border. Notable state highways are SR 94, which connects downtown with I-805, I-15 and east county; SR 163, which connects downtown with the northeast part of the city, intersects I-805 and merges with I-15 at Miramar; SR 52, which connects La Jolla with east county through Santee and SR 125; SR 56, which connects I-5 with I-15 through Carmel Valley and Rancho Peñasquitos; and SR 75 (San Diego-Coronado Bridge), which spans San Diego Bay.

Several regional transportation projects have been undertaken in recent years to deal with congestion on San Diego freeways. This includes expansion of Interstates 5 and 805 around "The Merge," a rush-hour spot where the two freeways meet. Also, an expansion of Interstate 15 through the North County is underway with the addition of high-occupancy-vehicle (HOV) "managed lanes". There is a tollway (The South Bay Expressway) connecting SR 54 and Otay Mesa, near the Mexican border. According to a 2007 assessment, 37% of streets in San Diego were in acceptable driving condition. The proposed budget fell $84.6 million short of bringing the city's streets to an acceptable level

tv stands entertainment centers
Security Alarm Installer

kosovohp

Back to top Go down

Freeways and highways Empty Re: Freeways and highways

Post  gaunpro Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:38 am

Customer Satisfaction:
We strive to respond to email messages as fast as possible, however please allow up to 48 hours for your message to be answered during business days and up to 72 hours during weekends. If you need immediate attention please write us an email with subject URGENT and we will respond it as soon as possible.

north carolina internet marketing
web hosting

gaunpro

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum