DSHL Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TOR-WAS Trade

3 posters

Go down

TOR-WAS Trade Empty TOR-WAS Trade

Post  Admin Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:00 am

To Washington: Tomas Kaberle
To Toronto: John Carlson, Dimitri Kugryshev

Admin
Admin

https://dshl.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TOR-WAS Trade Empty Re: TOR-WAS Trade

Post  Blue Jackets Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:07 am

Would like an explanation from the Leafs on this one. I'm having trouble figuring it out.
Blue Jackets
Blue Jackets

Back to top Go down

TOR-WAS Trade Empty explanation

Post  shawn Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:19 am

here's the explanaton:
Kaberle is off to a blistering start, no doubt about it. But is he an 80 point d-man? or a 50 point d-man who isn't physical? Will he be around when guys like Kadri, Bozak come around?

John Carlsson: has already passed Karl Alzner on the depth chart, is younger. Combines the best of both Green and Alzner. How has Washington fared in drafting offensive d-men? I can only think of one team that compares in terms of draft record: Nashville. The 08 draft was loaded in d...not only did you have the super 4: Doughty, Bogosian, Pietrangelo (I"m not a fan of btw), Schenn, you also had Myers, DelZotto, Sbisa, Karlsson and this guy. I feel very confident knowing I have Schenn and Carlsson back there for down the road.

Dimitri Kugryshev: QMJHL ROY, would've gone higher in the 08 draft if not for the fact he was Russian. When the Caps took this guy, they did it hoping they stumbled on another russian gem. He got off to a slow start this year in the Q, as he was one of Washingtons last cuts. He obviously was sulking, 1 point in his first 10 games. Well guess what, he has 19 points in his past 11 games.

shawn

Back to top Go down

TOR-WAS Trade Empty pt. 2

Post  shawn Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:20 am

but hey, if you want me to get more back, I'll gladly take it.

shawn

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Jackets Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:23 am

I won't challange it, but I'm definitely not a fan of it.
For the record, putting up big offensive numbers in the Q means very little. (the second leading scorer in the Q last season wasn't even drafted) That league is notorious for kids putting up huge numbers that never amount to anything in the NHL.
Blue Jackets
Blue Jackets

Back to top Go down

TOR-WAS Trade Empty cont.

Post  TorontoGM Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:27 am

For the record, Masse and Riendeau were undrafted overagers ie. they were 20, 21. And there was a bidding war for Riendeau after he had his season. He's also hurt to start the year. Masse lived off Riendeau. I know what you're saying about the Q being the weaker league, but imports that have the type of season Kugryshev had, usually work out. That includes Voracek and Frolik.

TorontoGM

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:04 pm

Processed... but still a one sided trade in my eyes. Shawn's argument was heard and accepted though so either he'll win this trade long term or just sold off his best asset for a bag of pucks.

Admin
Admin

https://dshl.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down