DSHL Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DSHL Talk Out of the Windy City

2 posters

Go down

DSHL Talk Out of the Windy City Empty DSHL Talk Out of the Windy City

Post  Skwid Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:58 pm

SLS caught up with Chicago GM --known throughout the Sim world as 'Skwid'...that being the only printable alias, anyway-- to discuss a few of the issues in and around the DSHL.

SLS: What are your first impressions of this new upstart league?

Skwid: Seems decent enough. Comfy, anyway...I like that. I'm settling in, I think.

SLS: Having history with the current Commissioner, what is your opinion of his ability to run the league?

Skwid: That's an unfair question. It wouldn't be prudent, nor smart, for me to sit here and answer that question honestly. I just don't feel it's a good career move on my part to bad-mouth Commissioner DeCastro. I mean, I suppose we all get a bit lazy at times...though, seriously, what kind of Commissioner puts his family, health and general home life before his league? Does that even happen anymore? It's ludicrous...like, what kind of homo----ah, see? You almost had me. You aren't going to print that, right?

SLS: I'll make a note to strike it. How has dealings with other GMs gone so far?

Skwid: Not as bad as I thought they'd go...but not that great, either. Managed to come together with one GM for a deal so far. Nothing major, but it puts us both in better positions with our franchises. They were good talks...but then, I'd expect nothing less from him. He's a stand-up guy.

As for other GMs, well...I had some roundabout talks with a Pacific Division GM. Quality offers, but just not a good match for me, so they kind of died off, I think. It happens. Sometimes it's just not a good time for two GMs to deal.

I've already had a couple trade talk conversations get completely derailed...I've decided to just not bother dealing with GMs who are out to undercut me right away. I'm looking to move slow with this roster. It has so many good pieces that I'd like to hang onto, but there's a few pieces out there that I think would compliment it nicely, so I'm asking around. That said, I'm not in the business of adding players to a deal just to make someone else feel better about it. I'm not looking to win deals...I'm just looking for good deals. I want to walk away from a trade knowing that both parties got better because of it.

An example...I actually offered over and above what I should have for a player. He rejected the offer...which is fine, he's entitled to do that...but then counters with something so outlandish that I literally was left speechless. It amazes me the thoughts that cross peoples' minds, it really does.

SLS: Having said that, are there any other deals in the works?

Skwid: I'm always listening to offers...always poking around. I have nothing concrete happening right now, but I'm certainly open to change. I have a solid team...I'm happy with a lot of it. At this point we may still be a season or two away from a championship, but I like where we're headed. Things can still change over the course of the season, and I believe we'll be right there come playoff time, gunning for it all. I hope so, anyway.

SLS: Great. Thanks for talking to us, Skwid --if that is indeed your real name-- and we wish you the best of luck this season.

Skwid: No problem...really, I had to talk to you. It's in my contract. Put there by our "wonderful" Commissioner...like I have all this spare time on my hands to talk to you media types. Go bug Lawrence. Those Toronto jackasses love the media attention...
Skwid
Skwid

http://www.skwidslair.net

Back to top Go down

DSHL Talk Out of the Windy City Empty Re: DSHL Talk Out of the Windy City

Post  shawn Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:04 pm

Franchise player!!!!
FRANCHISE!!!!

Malkin > Richards!!!
20 year old Kane >> then 20 year old Parise!!!!
STAMKOS RULES

That is all

shawn

Back to top Go down

Post  Skwid Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:11 am

Security...
Skwid
Skwid

http://www.skwidslair.net

Back to top Go down

Post  gaunpro Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:17 am

Could you use an unfair advantage over competitors?

Just between us – enjoying high visibility and business growth is something anyone can achieve online. The number one reason most websites struggle with low traffic counts, poor sales conversions and not being easily found is completely due to an internet marketing approach that is out of sync with the website content, or both are improperly structured.

There is a lot of planning and process implementation that should begin with your web design services and encompass the creation of your web content. This is the first step to effective traffic growth and sales leads that convert more readily.

Premium web design is far more than a pretty picture. A website is not a brochure. It is like a living tool that must perform and engage visitors from the second they arrive on your web pages.

Working with web design services should provide you with a site that is visually engaging, and leaves no mystery in navigation, or your desired visitor action. The best websites for doing business today offer graphic excitement, video engagement and rich informational content.

Everything on every page of your site must be structured to naturally lead your audience into the behavior you want them to exhibit. It is important to add new pages with fresh information regularly. You can never share enough knowledge and news with your customers and visitors. You can never have too many SEO content pages on your website.

green products directory
hra administration

gaunpro

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down