DSHL Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ANA-BUF Trade

5 posters

Go down

ANA-BUF Trade Empty ANA-BUF Trade

Post  Admin Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:10 pm

To BUFF: Petteri Nokelainen, Brendan Mikkelson, Rob Niedermayer, ANA 2nd round pick 2010, ANA 3rd round 2011
To Ducks: Tim Connolly, Daniel Paille, Chris Butler

Admin
Admin

https://dshl.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

ANA-BUF Trade Empty Re: ANA-BUF Trade

Post  Blue Jackets Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:09 pm

Sorry but I think ive got to challange this one. Butler has been in the top pair In Buffalo, and Connolly is almost a point per game when healthy. They are worth a heck of alot more then what Buffalo is getting here.
Blue Jackets
Blue Jackets

Back to top Go down

Post  Ducks GM Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:24 pm

Yes
First Challenged deal in the new league

Word on the street the challenger is also running the kings team. I want someone to look into that
Smile

Ducks GM

Back to top Go down

Post  PredsGM Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:33 am

This really is a fair trade IMO, Rob Niedermayer has shown some offensive ability in New Jersey, Nokelainen is a 1st round pick and had very good potential until being injured but looks to be getting back to full form. Mikkelson has great hands and will be learning from one of the best in Scott Niedermayer and could bloom into a great player. Draft picks are always good.

Connoly is injury prone, Paille was traded for what a 3rd in NHL? and Butler yes he's playing well now but he's been known to be incosistent, he played as a 3rd pairing last year and has played in the 3rd pairing for the majority of this year but he is getting more ice time as well.

PredsGM

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Jackets Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:46 am

Sure Connolly has been injury prone, but the fact remains he's a top 5 overall pick, who when healthy constantly averages almost a point per game. His ratings reflect this.

Mikkelsen is a decent prospect but he is only a year younger then Butler. One is up and down between the Minors and NHL, the other is averaging 22+ minutes a game in Buffalo.
(he has not been "3rd pairing for the majority of this year", he's averaging more time on ice then any other Sabres D-man this season).
Sure Nokelainen was a 1st round pick, ( he was a Mike Milbury 1st round pick so that shows the legitimacy right there) that was 5 years ago, and since then he's been in 3 different organizations and has a combined 35 points over parts of 4 NHL seasons. And if you're going to knock Connolly's injury history, take a look at his injury past. He was traded straight up at last year's trade deadline for a bottom pairing veteran D. So by NHL history his value is the equivalent of Steve Montador.

THe NHL has proven that Paille is worth a 2010 3rd which means:
Paille > 2011 3rd
Butler > then Mikkelsen
Connolly > an aging bottom 6 C, a young-ish kid who has failed in 2 different organizations and a 2nd

This trade simply doesn't make sense from Buffalo's point of view. I'd like to here his reasoning behind making the deal. How does this deal help his team?
Blue Jackets
Blue Jackets

Back to top Go down

Post  BS_GM Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:56 pm

sorry for not responding.

I agree with BlueJackets I must say.

I did this trade becasue I was at the time in week one I wanted to go with young guys and wanted to rebuild my team. So I thought it was just a fair deal because Tim Connolly has one year left and could ask a lot for a contract and was not willing to sign him. and atleast I could get something back a younger players and draft picks. and it would be hard may be to trade him because of his one year contract that no other team would give up much more.
BS_GM
BS_GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:33 pm

This trade was voted down 2-0 by S.Lawrence and D.Decastro for the following reason...

While Connolly is an injury prone player, healthy he is at the very least a ppg player. The fact that I've never seen him injured in a sim league for more then a game (a fact that was echoed by Lawrence), shouldn't effect his value in the sim. His injuries also do not effect his OV except for a slight hit in the DU category.

Admin
Admin

https://dshl.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down